Sunday, February 6, 2011

1. Consecration Note: Special Mass offered at St. Mary's 2. Corrine's note

1.  For those of you in my area, Father Parker is offering a special Mass on Friday evening Feb. 11th at 7:00. Everyone is invited but it is especially for those who will be making their Consecration on that day.
(St. Mary, East Dubuque, IL.)
Schedule for the evening will be:
6:30 Rosary
7:00 Mass
7:30 Consecration Ceremony
Father knows that some people from our group will be there and there is another group in the parish who will also be making the consecration.
Let me know if you will be attending this special Mass. Hope you can each celebrate your Consecration in a special way.

2.  Corrine made the following comment on the last post and I think it is very important, important enough to copy here......
"I was encouraged to read on page 361...intro. to week five....."We may feel unworthy in proceeding with this Consecration..." "Nothing would please the devil more, than to make you miss the Consecration through feelings of inadequacy or guilt. And nothing would please Our Lord and Our Lady more than a humble admission of your inadequacy..." Jesus...that others may become holier than I, provided that I may become as holy as I should...grant me the grace to desire it."

1 comment:

Trina Hingtgen said...

Corrine, I laughed a little when I read that because during week 1 I was already thinking I'd have to read the book again!

Never let Satan bother you is what I tell people...just ask Mother Mary to wrap her mantle around you, he's afraid of her.