I don’t have any deep reflection here…….but this is what jumped out at me… and my reaction………
Day 3, Week 1, 3rd Meditation
….for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leadeth to destruction, and many there are who go in thereat. How narrow is the gate and strait is the way that leadeth to life, and few there are that find it…. I’ve read this many times before, but it really struck me today…. Which path am I REALLY on !?
Day 2, Week 1, 4th Meditation
…to possess Incarnate Wisdom, Jesus Christ, we must practice mortification, renounce the world and self……. ……..He seeks for persons worthy of Him. He seeks because there are so few, that He can scarcely find any sufficiently detached from the world or sufficiently interior or mortified to be worthy of His Person…of union with Him……. “there are so few”…how many have thought they are in that few….on the narrow path….when….where am I really! I need to start …again and again and again! And to think that way way back in history the Israelites were stiffnecked! Who is stiffnecked?
Then, the #1 in To Obtain Possession of Wisdom…… This detachment permits us to possess worldly goods as though not possessing them, without being eager to acquire or being anxious to retain any; not complaining or worrying when possessions are lost….
And #4….flee from company…..even of devout persons, when association with them is useless and a waste of time…
This takes some reflecting……..or should I say discerning….
I sure wonder where the baby steps are here…… Jesus, Mary and Joseph……..guide us!
1 comment:
I appreciated the reminder quotes from the reading. Great reflections .......
Post a Comment