Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ruth - Looking ahead - Making your consecration

Today I received a note that I think applies to many of you. Here is part of it:


I know that our consecration to Jesus through Mary takes place on February 11 -- the feast of Our Lady of Lourdes, but what does it entail? ........... What do we do ..... on that day --- or is it a private thing I can do in my own home? Do we go to Mass? Do we need a priest to be involved in the process? What can you tell me? I haven't really read ahead in the book.


Here is what Father suggested for those who could not attend the parish held consecration ceremony:
1.  Print off the consecration.
2.  If possible, attend Mass on the day of the consecration, and after Mass kneeling in the front of church before the tabernacle or before the statue of Mary, recite the consecration prayer and then sign and date the consecration right there before the Lord and our Blessed Mother.  Keep your signed consecration paper in your bible as a constant reminder of your love and commitment. (If you can't attend Mass or visit the church, make the consecration as special an event as possible in whatever situation you are in. It is the prayerful consecration that is important.)
3. At our consecration in church, we each put a flower in a vase near the statue of Mary.  You might want to bring a small vase of flowers to leave before Mary on this special day and as a symbol of love.
4. Then celebrate the day as a special feast day.  You might want to renew your consecration each year on this feast day in the same way beginning again with this guide or some other preparation guide.


A couple other things you will want to consider is to plan your General Confession into your schedule so that it happens.   
If you have never been enrolled in the brown scapular and the miraculous medal you will want to ask a priest to provide that for you.  I will give you more ideas on that later. If you have been enrolled before it is a lifetime enrollment so you just have to continue wearing or begin wearing your spapular again.


Anyway, I hope this helps you with your plans and please don't hesitate to ask me questions like this.  Father Parker did make this a very special event for us and I hope that each of you can be blessed with a beautiful consecration day. 


In Christ ..... 
Offering myself to Jesus Through Mary .....

No comments: