Sunday, January 9, 2011

Ruth: Week 1, Day 1 readings

I will not be posting every day on the readings but todays reading was accomplished in an interesting way.  The readings were from the Gospel of Matthew, chapters 5-7.  I do not like the translation of the scriptures used in the book so this time I listened to the scriptures read to me on a CD set I received for Christmas.  It was beautiful.  I pictured myself in a crowd of people on a hillside, sitting there just mesmerized by Jesus speaking directly to me, encouraging me, admonishing me, teaching me, warning me, calling me.  It was a great way to meditate on these passages.
(For those that are interested, the CD series of the scriptures that I have is the "Truth & Life Dramatized Audio bible: New Testament" ... Voiced by internationally-renowned actors including: Neal McDonough, Kristen Bell, Sean Astin, Michael York,Blair Underwood, Malcolm McDowell, Stacy Keach,Brian Cox, Julia Ormond, John Rhys-Davies and many more.  The Truth & Life audio New Testament is a dramatized audio Bible from the RSV-CE translation and distributed by Zondervan.  http://www.truthandlifebible.com  -  Tom purchased my copy at our local Catholic book store but it is also available online.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Jessie is having a hard time understanding, but she is plugging away. I am done work tonight and I told her we will sit down at the computer and post anything I can't get her to understand. I also told her she could read her own Bible, but she is trying.