Sunday, January 23, 2011

Ruth: Week 2 Day 6

I have not been able to read all the meditations of each day but am trying to get at least one a day read this second time through. I think after this consecration is through I am going to go back and take one medication a day in order and go prayerfully through them again. There is so much spiritual direction in each one. Day 6 was a good example this week.
Anyway, when I read Week 2 Day 6 1st Meditation, it just seemed to sumarize how we are called to live as Christians.
It tells us "You must therefore throw away any obstacles to grace, if you desire to receive it." and then it tells us how.
Look for a hidden place, love to abide there alone
Seek comfort from no one, but rather pour out devout prayer to God.
Keep a contrite mind and a pure conscience.
Count the world as nothing.
Set time alone with God before all passing things.
Don't take delight in passing things but in God.
Be separated from others and keep the mind away from all temporal comfort. (1 Peter 2:11)
Overcome self and bring all things into subjection triumphing over ones self.
Tear out and destroy the extravagant leanings towards yourself and toward all personal and material goods.
To love self inordinately is at the bottom of all evils and must be rooted out and overcome.
Strive to die completely to self and to rise above self.
Put to death all wicked and indisciplines affections, and don't cling to anything created.   .....
For me, it does not tell me all this in a way that makes me want to give up.... I know there is so much more depth available in my walk with Jesus, I yearn for it and He is ushering me to go there.
To me, many of these meditations are gut wrenchingly powerful....when I take the time to really pray and meditate on what I am reading.

No comments: