Sunday, January 23, 2011

Week 2, Day 7, pg.138 Intimate Conversation

There is so much that I need to take little parts.
This struck me..........
"the interior life is an elevated form of intimate conversation which everyone has with themselves as soon as they are alone, even amongst the noise of a great city. From the moment a man ceases to converse with others, he begins to converse interiorly with himself about what preoccupies him the most." pg 139 "As soon as a man seriously seeks truth and goodness, this intimate conversation with himself tends to become conversation with God. He converses with himself about what he should do to live a good life."...and placing confidence in God, not self..... "Little by little, instead of seeking himself in everything, instead of tending more or less consciously to make himself center, man tends to seek God in everything and, as a substitute for his own egoism, he focuses more on God and neighbor."
So why would I waste my time thinking about how I was hurt, or be judging someone, or more of the thoughts from my pride and my self-love.. If I am talking to God I can't be sinning at the same time. Mary, my Mother, come to my aid!

1 comment:

ruth said...

I really like the simple thought that "If I am talking to God I can't be sinning at the same time." ....and why waste time talking to myself when I have be having an intimate conversation with Jesus? Now to remember that when my mind is wasting time...